Saturday, November 24, 2007

#22 Audiobooks etc... 'Long live the book'


I had a bit of a look at the recommended site... as I said in my previous post, I don't really like listening to audio books. I have found that I can listen to young adult books on my MP3 player, I listened to the Keys to the Kingdom series by Garth Nix and that was OK, but my mind does tend to wander then before I know it, I have missed parts of the story.
But saying that, I do think audio books are a great resource for people and I think that public libraries should be offering downloadable audio books for the public. When I go to itunes I sometimes look up the downloadable audio books, they cost between $20.00 - $40.00 on average but they have the latest and greatest available.
Currently at my public library, it is too much of a hassle to download the 6-12 CD's from an audio book onto my computer, then load these on to my MP3 player, it would be so much easier to be able to download the whole book straight onto my MP3 player.
I must admit though, when I am walking the dog, listening to an exciting story...it does make me walk for longer - which is a good thing!

No comments: