Thursday, November 8, 2007

#16 Wiki's

I have been a big fan of Wikipedia for quite awhile now - I think it is great to get information on popular culture... especially finding out who has been voted off my fave reality TV shows from the US, before they screen in Australia! I can see great benefit of using Wiki's in libraries for things such as training. Staff could create training manuals which could be easily edited if needed. They could be easily searched and accessed. I have seen recently a library use a Wiki as the place to get all of the information about an upcoming conference. It is a great idea as they could just upload the relevant information as they got it, different people could upload their own information, all of the conference papers could be uploaded.....Probably a lot easier than having to create a webpage to contain all of this informaiton as you don't have to be a web developer to create a wiki!

No comments: