Monday, October 1, 2007

#9 News Feeds - gotta love ANZ Ref

Well, I just logged onto the ANZ Ref centre through our libraries online databases... did a bit of a publication search and found all of the publications that I was looking for, 'Incite', 'Magpies', 'Reading Time' and even 'Macworld' (I am the proud new owner of an Apple MacBook)... and I have just subscribed to alerts from these publications..Yay!! It was so easy, I just clicked on the little orange RSS button, then clicked on the alert link and I was then asked, 'would you like to add this to Google Reader? I said YES and it was added.
I just love RSS feeds etc because basically I am a lazy person.... i want to sit at home and have all of the information and news that I need coming straight to me, rather than me having to go searching for it! I have subscribed to around 70 blogs/news feeds...I check them every second day or so and I have gotten extremely good at 'browsing'.. I just read the headlines, like you would a newspaper, and then only read the things that think I really should!

No comments: