Monday, September 24, 2007

#5 Flickr

I think Flickr has many uses, both personal and work related. It is a great way to share photos with family and friends..especially if you don't see them very often. For work I can see many different ways to use Flickr - things like looking up different library displays to get ideas, I have heard of libraries running competitions where they get people from the community to take a photo that matches a theme (maybe, a day in the life of my library), and then the people can upload the photo to flickr using a predetermined tag.. this could then be displayed as a slideshow throughout our branch libraries...
And I have also used flickr to find some photo's of certain parts of buildings for some borrowers, so overall, Flickr is a great tool to use.

2 comments:

vista said...

Hi Tara,
I saw something similar to the community contributed slide show idea at Experimedia within the State Library ... the photos were around a portrait theme and all contributed by young people. Some of the photos were great and it was very impressive on the enormous screen in Experimedia.

sarah said...

I think a flickr album could be used to hold a competition for chrlc borrowers along the lines of "get caught reading" or "me and my favourite book". Something we could use instead of Jenny's idea way back when about promoting library week (I vaguely recall an ideas committee discussion about this!)